About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Water Color Pencil Drawing of Hello Kitty


This weekend I got the chance to hang out with my niece Marley. My sister was working on some of her book illustrations and Marley was really wanting to help her paint them so I decided to draw her a picture she could help paint on.

She asked for a pink and purple girly kitty. So it had to be Hello Kitty! I am a huge Hello Kitty fan so I was totally ok with this :).

I sketched the outline of Hello Kitty, then outlined it with Sharpies.

For the coloring I used Water Color Pencils. I had never used them before but they are really fun.
You just color in an area and then use a wet paint brush and the colors bleed like painting with water colors.
The best part about this is that Marley helped me paint this picture and she had a lot of fun with it. It will be hanging in her room.


This is a fun activity to do with kids that also has good results!

I will be linking up with some of these parties!
shabby creek cottage
UndertheTableandDreaming
Skip To My Lou
Have a great day!
Signature 2

6 comments:

Zoe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

My little one is a big fan of Hello Kitty! Thanks for sharing at Things I've Done Thursday!

Stephanie said...

Darling! I went on a water-color-pencil kick in high school :)

April said...

Cute! I am totally with you! Hello Kitty was a childhood fave for me, and I still love her! The water color pencils sound cool and easier than the actual paints...sort of like the best of both worlds! lol I bet my kiddos would love them! thanks for linking to sew Crafty Saturday!

Katie said...

How cute, you are so talented to be to just whip up a Hello Kitty drawing like that! I would have to trace it for mine to look half as good. I've seen those pencils at the store before and wondered how they worked. They do sound super fun, I will have to pick some up!

Thank you for sharing on A Crafty Soiree.

Carrie said...

How cute!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you will share again this week with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...