About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Good Luck Bear Cake and Dairy Free, Soy Free Frosting Recipe

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!! I know it isn't until Saturday but I have seen so many projects floating around I felt I should do something for the holiday. Then last week my awesome coworker gave me a vintage Wilton Care Bear cake pan.  I knew I had to make a Good Luck Bear.  I also have been wanting to try out some gluten free cake mixes and dairy free frosting.


I used Pamela's vanilla cake mix- it was really really good. I was surprised at how much I liked it considering it was gluten free. My family really liked it as well- I didn't even have any left over to take to work.

For the frosting there was a little more guess work involved.  I originally started looking for a dairy free, gluten free frosting recipe. I happened upon this frosting recipe on a online forum. I was all set to go with it until I realized Criso is all soybean oil (and I don't really like the way it tastes). But when I was at the store I saw the coconut oil and realized that was what I should use.  The frosting turned out great- very yummy!


Gluten, Dairy and Soy Free Frosting 
1 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/2 teaspoon clear butter flavoring
6 cups confectioner's sugar
pinch of salt
Enough almond milk to get to desired consistency 

I am not a cake decorator (as you can probably tell). I feel like I could do a lot better if I had thinner tips to go on my decorating tube. But I think he turned out kinda cute.




My husband kept referring to this though......
Source

He's not that bad.... really?

I will be linking up with some of these parties!
AllergyFreeWednesdays
shabby creek cottage
UndertheTableandDreaming

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a great day!
Signature 2

9 comments:

Kellie said...

Cute! No calories in that cake right!

Julie E said...

Super cute! Tell the Mr you did nail it, for reals. I'd love for you to come by and link this up to my St. Patty's Link Party. (There's a button link on the sidebar)

The Wednesday party will start next week.

Jana H. said...

Super cute!

Debbie @ Life is Sweets said...

He is ADORABLE!! You did a great job!! Happy St. Patrick's Day. :)

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Cute little guy! Thanks for sharing at Things I've Done Thursday. www.bearrabbitbear.com

Unknown said...

I love that you are finding alternatives for what works for your family. He came out so cute! My two year old would have loved him. Thanks for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays at The NY Melrose Family. I look forward to seeing what projects you share this week!

Janelle (Gluten Freely Frugal) said...

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe on Allergy-Free Wednesday. Hope you'll join us again this week with another great recipe!

MiaB said...

ADORABLE!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday..hope to see you again tomorrow.

Jenn said...

I love Care Bears!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...