About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rapunzel Costume



This month I decided to challenge myself and make my niece a Halloween Costume. She loves the movie Tangled and so I decided to make her a Rapunzel Dress.  I used Simplicity 2065- made in size 3- It is a slight bit too long for her and a little bit too big in the bodice. I read several reviews saying the bodice is sized too small and it is way too long but I didn't experience that.

It will be nice for it to fit her in January- I think she is planning on having a Tangled birthday party- so she can wear the dress then too!









This is my first time sewing something so detailed. The pattern was great- not too complicated, and I love the way the dress turned out!

My mother and I made the braid (Instructions for the braid came with the pattern). My mother also made the felt flowers just using felt, hot glue, and beads.

Seeing Marley play in this dress was just too fun!

Thanks to my talented sister Camille of Camille Nolan Photography for taking these photos of Marley!!


Eli wanted to dress up too, so we made him a makeshift Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume.  His real one should be better!


I will be linking up to some of THESE PARTIES!




 
 
Hope you all have a Happy Halloween!!!
Signature 2

25 comments:

S said...

*Gasp!* You had me at Rapunzel! My daughter would just die if she saw this costume--it is gorgeous. Thanks for the info on the pattern--I may have to whip one up as a Christmas gift, since my girl LOVES playing dress-up year-round!

Kellie said...

Bravo!

Morgane @ Bear,Dolly and Moi said...

your dress is beautiful, I made the same costume for my daughter,
I agree on the details...
hopefully years of wear and hours of fun!

Melanie said...

Gorgeous! You did a great job.

Home on the Range Exchange said...

You did an awesome job!

Unknown said...

Oh, WOWWW! That is just plain gorgeous. I'd have LOVED a costume {well, even just the dress!} like that as a little girl!! Beautiful job! Can I beg you to share it here?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/falling-for-crafts-challenge-7-holiday.html

Priscila said...

Oh my! This is just gorgeous! Your niece is so so lucky she has such a nice and talented Aunt!

Priscila @ jensennp.blogspot.com

Crazy Wonderful said...

WOWZER!!! What a gorgeous costume, and a super cutie pie wearing it :D You win Aunt of the Year for sure!

Shelley
www.westermanfam.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Wish I had even an ounce of your sewing talent! Love the wig with the flowers!
Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo party.. can't wait to see what you share next!
Hope you stop by and enter my current 500 follower giveaway @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/11/one-artsy-mama-giveaway.html

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Holy COW! This is the best Rapunzel costume I've seen. You did an amazing job! If you'd ever like to link this or anything else at my link party, I'd love to have you!

Once Upon a Weekend at Family Ever After starts Friday night

www.familyeverafterblog.com

Have a great day!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

ps- pinned and new follower!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

How lovely! You did a great job. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

She is just precious! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Julianne said...

So cute! you did a great job!i bet your niece was in love with the dress!

Julianne

www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

Trina@CraftAnyway! said...

Stopping over from Craft Anyway! Your daughter's turned out great, too! And she looks like she loved it! Thanks for sharing!

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

WOW! This has got to be one of my all time fave handmade costumes that Ive seen this year! You did such a great job on everything...love all of the details. Come on over and link up to my fashion linky party this thursday!

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

Brit said...

Nice job! It is beautiful. And the hair, awesome! Thanks for linking up with us and sharing.
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Raspberry Creek Fabrics said...

Oh my word! I've been looking for the perfect Rapunzel fabric and am having such a hard time finding the perfect purple tones. Where did you find your fabric?

Brenware said...

I love the full side body photo because she looks like an angel floating. What a beautiful detailed costume! I adore your costume.

karaoke songs said...

Wow,Purpal costumes are look on the baby is look so colorful and fabulous looking.Her hairs are so long.I impresss by this blog.

Become An Idol said...

Its more then awesome,beautiful stunning.I like it alot

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this dress.. I've spent days and days hunting down a perfect tangled dress for my daughter!! I did wonder (and hope) if you make and sell your dresses? Its so accurate and stunning!! Well done!!

Unknown said...

I am attempting to make a Rapunzel dress for my 3 yr old niece this year. Did you design your own pattern or purchase one? I would like her costume to be as authentic as possible and you did a wonderful job on yours. Any information you can share will be greatly appreciated! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe,
May I know what is the material you used to make the last minute ninja turtle shell, please?

Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe,
Please can you advise me on what kind of materials did you use, to make the last minute ninja turtle shell.
Gladys

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...