About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Friday, October 21, 2011

New Food Friday #12- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers

Last weekend we had a football watch party to go to- Go Cats!!

So I decide to try some bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers- they are my husband's favorite and I thought I would surprise him and make some.  He said that I didn't do them right, but I thought they were delicious!

And the Wildcats won!!! 6-0 baby!!

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers:


Here is how to make them:

Ingredients:
1 package bacon
30 jalapenos- mine were medium size from my brother's garden
1 package cream cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
6 green onions, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder


Wash jalapenos, trim off stems, cut in half and take seeds out. You probably want to wear gloves while doing this part!

Mix together cream cheese, cheese, green onions and garlic powder. Fill jalapeno with cream cheese mix.

Cut bacon strips in half and wrap around jalapeno- use a toothpick to secure in place.

Place wrapped jalapenos on broiler sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until bacon is cooked.


My husband says that they taste better when they are cooked on the grill, so that is an option too. But in a pinch oven cooking works too :)

NEW FOOD FRIDAY CHALLENGE


What do you have cooking in your kitchen that is new?

Linking Up with These Parties!!


Photobucket

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!!
Signature 2

15 comments:

Home on the Range Exchange said...

YUM! I really want to make some, I just never get around to it.

The mum of all trades said...

I just read this out to my husband. He is drooling! I've promised to make these if he does lots of stuff around the house for me tomorrow!
Thanks so much for linking up to my wee blog party. Hope to see you again soon. Enjoy your weekend.

Unknown said...

This looks sooo yummy! Can't wait to try it!
Also wanted to let you know that I gave you a blog award @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/10/im-versatile-blogger-are-you-one-too.html
Hope you stop by and grab it!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

LOL at your husband. My husband would say the same thing. They look great! I am a new Twitter follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky from www.messforless.net

Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

oh man- my husband would love these!

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

I loooooove jalapeno poppers and they are the perfect use for all the peppers I had this year. These look scrumptious! Thank you for linking them up to Freshmen Friday!

Carmen said...

look really yummi!!! i like jalapeƱos. and any pepper, in grill the taste is so good.

Rose and Heather said...

These look so good. I would love it if you came and linked up at my blog link Party Crafty Lassie Tuseday http://sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com/
Rose

My latest obsession said...

These look soooo good, my mouth is seriously watering right now... I might just have to make these tonight! Thanks for sharing (:

Sam

erika @ life unfluffed said...

These look awesome, and I'm not even a bacon fan.

Hmm. I may just have to try them!

Thanks for linking up!

Mindie Hilton said...

I would love to have you join my weekly linky party at Bacon Time, fri-monday come strut your stuff. Of course I love this recipe!

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Mmm. Yummy!

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

Very inspiring recipe -my husband LOVES spicy food! Definitely gonna try this. :)

kathijane said...

Those look delicious! Can't wait to try this recipe!

Teri said...

These look fantastic! Thanks for linking up to my Super Bowl Eats and Treats Party! Looking forward to trying these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...