About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Princess Play Mat

Today I am sharing a project my sister made for my sweet niece Marley's 3rd birthday.  She has made play mats for each of her older three boys- a city, a zoo, and a farm.

Marley's is a Princess Play Mat.


My sister draws the outlines on muslin with pencil and then colors it in with Sharpies.  I love this project because it is so interactive and it can be packed up in a bag with a few select toys and taken to ballgames and parks really easily. 

 

Here are some of the fun activities Marley can have her princesses do:

1. Jump off the dock or go down the slide to swim in the moat.

2. Have a fancy dinner in the banquet hall.

3. Dance in the grand ballroom of the castle.

4. Take a nap or have a slumber party.

5. Paddle the rowboat around the moat.

6. Read a book or have a Bible study.

7. Arts and crafts time- painting and coloring!

8. Workout- lift some weights or do yoga.

9. Swing on a tree swing.

10. Swim and play in the pool.

11. Jump on the trampoline.

12. Ride a wild dragon.

13. Play hopscotch with their friends.


Doesn't she do such a good job! So fun!

Some details:


Rapunzel jumping on the trampoline.



Snow White is hungry!




The topstitch around the edge.

  The Backing.



I will be linking up with some of these parties!

shabby creek cottage
UndertheTableandDreaming

Thanks for stopping by!!
Have a great day!

Signature 2

11 comments:

Lynn said...

This is a fabulous idea!! I've seen something similar but they were carpets which had games like Snakes & Ladders printed on them.
Kids always seem to like to get down on the floor to play so this is a perfect choice!

Shiloh said...

I LOVE this! I used to love the idea of drawing a "doll" house on paper. This is like the next step up. What a fantastic idea. I hope it's alright if I pin it.:)

Sewing Miles of Smiles said...

That is really awesome!

Dona
http:sewingmilesofsmiles.blogspot.com

Meaningful Mama said...

Really fun idea.

Faith @ Artistic31Mama said...

This is beautiful! I love it! I am in the process of making one for my boys to use their hot wheels cars on. I really like the embroidered edge. :-) Great job! I would love it if you shared this at my linky party "Fabulous Fridays" http://www.artistic31mama.com/2012/03/fabulous-fridays-3-linky-party-031612.html
Have a great weekend!!

Crafty Mischief said...

This is too cute! Any girl would adore playing with a mat like this! Thanks for sharing!

Shanea said...

Wow! Such a neat play mat. I love that it was all handmade and anything that uses Sharpies is a winner to me :)

Sewing Miles of Smiles said...

That is really awesome. I bet she loves it!

Sarah said...

This play mat is so awesome, even Marley's brother and his friends were playing with it, having the princesses ride the dragon or jump in the water. I'm sure it will get lots of play time.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Marley obviously loves it and that's what matters most. Thanks for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays at The NY Melrose Family.

Carrie said...

What a wonderful idea!! I am sure she gets hours of fun from it. Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! Hope you will share with us again this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...