About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Fabulous "Not Fried" Fish Fillets and Oven Fries

Yeah, I know I am a dork, but I love alliteration! So here is a great recipe I like to make instead of frying up the fish my husband catches.  I know fried fish tastes good, but fish is such a lean protein that I hate to make it unhealthy by adding all that oil. Plus it makes your house smell really really bad when you fry inside.

This crappie was caught and fillet by my awesome husband but you can also use any white fish from the store such as tilapia. I have also made it gluten free. If you don't have to be gluten free using bread crumbs instead of the cornmeal does taste a little better!
Fabulous Not Fried Fish Fillets
1 lb white fish, filleted
2 eggs (you can subsitute 1 cup milk if you can't have eggs)
1 cup corn meal (or bread crumbs)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
2 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper

Directions:Mix corn meal and all seasonings together in large bowl. Crack eggs in seperate shallow bowl and beat.
Dip fish fillet first in eggs and then in corn meal mix, coating both sides.

Place on broiler pan or baking pan with cookie sheet over it that have been sprayed with cooking spray.


Bake at 425 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes until breading is browned.


Remove from oven and serve with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
Enjoy!!

Oven Fries
6 potatoes
Olive Oil
Old Bay Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper


Slice potatoes into fries or wedges. I use this handy little tip from pinterest and use an apple corer. I do usually cut the middle section in half if I use the corer.

Place potatoes in a plastic bag.  I don't usually measure the seasonings, I just drizzle with some olive oil then add Old Bay, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Shake to mix.

Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Place potatoes in one layer over cookie sheet. Bake at 425 F for about 25-30 minutes until potatoes are browned on the outside and soft in the middle. You may want to stir them half way through baking.
Sprinkle with salt and serve.

I will be linking up with some of these parties!
AllergyFreeWednesdays
shabby creek cottage


  
Signature 2

2 comments:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Visiting from tt&j. Yum! This looks great! Im going to have to try it soon.

Im going to poke around your site some more. I would love for you share this at my Friday Link Up!

Unknown said...

I love making recipes healthier, but still taste great. I make homemade fries and sweet potato fries like yours, but I'll have to give the fish a try. Thanks for the recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...