About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Fresh Guacamole- From Zoe's Kitchen


There is nothing that I like as much as fresh guacamole! And probably nothing I hate as much as "Guacamole Flavored Dip", well I can think of a few things I hate more, but I don't like it at all! I have been making this dip for a long time- I serve it with chips, on burritos, on tacos and carnitas.

A few tips about picking avocados:
If you are going to use them that day, pick avocados that are soft but not squishy.
If you are going to use them later, they need to be semi-hard.
Set them on the counter and use them when they are soft, but not squishy to get the most flavorful avocado!


Fresh Guacamole
3 avocados
1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
1 medium tomato, finely diced
1 Tbsp lime juice (this helps keep it from browning)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp finely minced cilantro (optional)
salt and pepper to taste


Directions
Cut avocados in half and scoop out filling with a spoon.
Remove pits but add one to the guacamole bowl (this helps keep it from browning, if you leave this in here the guacamole will stay good overnight, otherwise it will probably be brown by morning)
Add all other ingredients and mix well.
If your avacados are a little under ripe then you may need to mix it in a food processor.
Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste.

Gauacamole is the best if you let it chill about 1-2 hours before serving, that way the flavors can all mix together.

Enjoy!!

I will be linking up with some of these parties!
Thanks for stopping by!

 Signature 2

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE guacamole. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!

Amanda Suzanne said...

Oooh. I too love some homemade guacamole and always feel the need to burst people's bubble when they buy the guacamole dip in the store and try to call it guacamole. Teach them teach them, keep it up!

momto8 said...

oh yum yum! and it looks so good too.

MrsJenB said...

Guacamole is sooooo dangerous when it comes anywhere near me. Or maybe it's the other way around - I'm dangerous to the guacamole. ;)

Thanks for sharing this at CraftOManiac!

Teri said...

In my little world, there is nothing better than fresh guacamole! Thanks so much for linking up to my Super Bowl Eats and Treats Party! Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Looks yummy! Now I want fresh guacamole and chips for breakfast, see what you've done? Tx for the recipe, trying it out this weekend.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this, I have a couple of avacados in the fridge that I need to use.

Unknown said...

I have never made guacamole before......and now I am inspired!!! I am going to add this recipe to my 101 goals for the year!

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Visiting from tt&j! Guacamole is so yummy.. I love your easy recipe! Im going to have to make some tomorrow for the big game!

If you get a chance I would love for you to share this at my party :)

Aisling said...

I never ate guacamole until I was in my 30s. I used to say I didn't like avocados, then a friend made me try some. And that was the end of that! heeheee. Now I love it.

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

Yum! You really can't beat fresh guacamole :)

Diane said...

I am going to make this today. Thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

Mmmm! Avocados are my favorite! Thanks so much for sharing this guacamole recipe.. it's always fun to mix it up with a new recipe!

Unknown said...

i think everyone has their favorite guacamole recipe - this one's a gem! now throw in a little (and by little i mean a lot) of margaritas and you've got yourself a date!

Emily Thompson said...

Oh I love guac! Just wanted to let you know I am featuring this at tasty Tuesday this coming week. Hope you can stop by and check it out. Grab a featured button if you don't have one already.

Katy @ Lolly Linens said...

I just copied down, can't wait to make it! Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...