Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Golden Retriever Emboidery- on a Zippered Bag!


There is nothing I love more than giving handmade gifts. For my sister Ellen's birthday I made her this cute embroidery of a golden retriever. She has a sweet golden retriever named Indy, so I thought she would love it! I got the pattern from penguinandfish's Etsy store. I love all of her patterns- they are adorable!



I did the embroidery on 28 Ct cream Lugana- love this fabric!! The other thing I really like about the embroidery is that I used a verigated thread for the details around the edge.

I finished the pattern off into a bag using the Zipper Bag Tutorial that I posted about a while ago.
Interestingly enough, the fabric I used was from the same type of pants I used for my nephew's bag- just a different color!



Happy Birthday Ellen! Sorry it was Late!
Here is a picture of her dog Indy when he was a puppy- I think the embroidery pattern captured him perfectly!

Linking up With some of these parties!
Thanks for stopping by!

Signature 2

15 comments:

Kellie said...

Bravo! Too cute!

Lynn said...

Well done Zoe! This is just soooo cute! It really is a great replica of her dog.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

What a wonderful gift!! Zoe; you did such a great job on their puppy...so sweet

Home on the Range Exchange said...

I like the verigated thread, It really "makes" the design.

Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker said...

This is EXCELLENT! I'm going to have to try to make one in honor of our little Silky Terrier.
(visiting from someday crafts)
*following*

Melanie said...

You make it look so easy! Nice job. :)

Sarah said...

Cute! It really does capture his personality! Good job.

Megan said...

You're right. It IS the perfect likeness! Great job!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

wow! Impressive. Happy you linked to Things I've Done Thursday!

www.bearrabbitbear.com

Rachel said...

Oh, how cute!! I should make one for my daughter - she loves dogs.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Jennifer @Miss Maggie's Place said...

Awww this is so cute. What a thoughtful gift for your sister.
www.miss-maggiesplace.com

tobecontinued said...

So cute! I am a big fan of hand embroidery. Those embroidery machines are trying to elbow it out, but I know there are those of us out there who appreciate the artistry and love that go into hand embroidered pieces! Great work!
Come by for a visit sometime :)
Catherine
tbc-tobecontinued.blogspot.com

Jules said...

Such a sweet pattern and so well executed! Fab job!
Jules

petite hermine said...

This is so cute!!!

AmieAnn said...

This is soo stinkin sweet.. I bet your sister loved it! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink hippo party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...