About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Golden Retriever Emboidery- on a Zippered Bag!


There is nothing I love more than giving handmade gifts. For my sister Ellen's birthday I made her this cute embroidery of a golden retriever. She has a sweet golden retriever named Indy, so I thought she would love it! I got the pattern from penguinandfish's Etsy store. I love all of her patterns- they are adorable!



I did the embroidery on 28 Ct cream Lugana- love this fabric!! The other thing I really like about the embroidery is that I used a verigated thread for the details around the edge.

I finished the pattern off into a bag using the Zipper Bag Tutorial that I posted about a while ago.
Interestingly enough, the fabric I used was from the same type of pants I used for my nephew's bag- just a different color!



Happy Birthday Ellen! Sorry it was Late!
Here is a picture of her dog Indy when he was a puppy- I think the embroidery pattern captured him perfectly!

Linking up With some of these parties!
Thanks for stopping by!

Signature 2

15 comments:

Kellie said...

Bravo! Too cute!

Lynn said...

Well done Zoe! This is just soooo cute! It really is a great replica of her dog.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

What a wonderful gift!! Zoe; you did such a great job on their puppy...so sweet

Home on the Range Exchange said...

I like the verigated thread, It really "makes" the design.

Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker said...

This is EXCELLENT! I'm going to have to try to make one in honor of our little Silky Terrier.
(visiting from someday crafts)
*following*

Melanie said...

You make it look so easy! Nice job. :)

Sarah said...

Cute! It really does capture his personality! Good job.

Fowl Single File said...

You're right. It IS the perfect likeness! Great job!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

wow! Impressive. Happy you linked to Things I've Done Thursday!

www.bearrabbitbear.com

Rachel said...

Oh, how cute!! I should make one for my daughter - she loves dogs.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Jennifer @Miss Maggie's Place said...

Awww this is so cute. What a thoughtful gift for your sister.
www.miss-maggiesplace.com

tobecontinued said...

So cute! I am a big fan of hand embroidery. Those embroidery machines are trying to elbow it out, but I know there are those of us out there who appreciate the artistry and love that go into hand embroidered pieces! Great work!
Come by for a visit sometime :)
Catherine
tbc-tobecontinued.blogspot.com

Jules said...

Such a sweet pattern and so well executed! Fab job!
Jules

petitehermine said...

This is so cute!!!

Unknown said...

This is soo stinkin sweet.. I bet your sister loved it! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink hippo party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...