About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Fish Foil Packets- From Zoe's Kitchen


When I am looking back at my blog I realize it looks like I eat really unhealthy! Most of the recipes I share are treats and appetizers that really aren't very good for you. But I do eat really healthy foods too (mostly actually!), so I have decided to make more of an effort to add healthy recipes to my blog too!

This recipe is one of my favorite ways to prepare fish in the winter. I definitely prefer it on the grill in the summer but I am not going to fire up the grill when it is this cold out! I got this recipe from the book Clueless in The Kitchen which my mother gave to me in college. It is a great cookbook for teens and young adults because it has simple, healthy, and inexpensive recipes to help young adults learn how to cook.

Fish Foil Packets
1 lb white fish
(I used catfish, but you can use tilapia or any white fish from the store)
1/2 onion
1 cup baby carrots
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
olive oil
salt
pepper
parsley
oregeno
garlic powder
Heavy Duty Foil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Thinly slice onions and chop carrots into coins.


Roll out about 6 pieces of aluminum foil- about 12" X 12" each.
Place in 3 piles, 2 layers of foil in each pile.
Divide fish fillets into 3 even piles, place fish fillets in one layer on Aluminum foil.
1 lb of fish will make 3 packets- if you have more fish you may want to do more packets.
Add onions to top of fish in all packets.


Add Carrots and cheddar cheese to each packet.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle each of the seasonings onto each packet.


Wrap top foil layer and fold in edges so it forms a flat, rectangular packet.

Then wrap the second layer of foil the same way.


Place packets in preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
Unwrap foil on largest packet to check if vegetables and fish are done. The vegetables should look cooked through and the fish should temp out to 145 degrees F.

Remove from Packet and place on plate- the best part is there are no messy pans to clean!


Enjoy!!

Linking up with Some of these parties!
Thanks for stopping by!
Signature 2

4 comments:

Lisa said...

This is great! I love that it's so easy and very healthy!

smehary said...

Going to try this tomorrow night. Looks and sounds yummy.
Thank you, I am always looking for easy and healthy recipes I can scale down for one.
Sheryl

Jen the CraftinCowgirl said...

Oooh, we do alot of fishing in the summer. This is a great alternative to frying all that fish! Thanks!

Miles Gates said...

Your the bestt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...