About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Antique Copper Tub With Lining

We moved into our house last May and I have been decorating still recently. I know it has taken a long time, but we still aren't all the way finished. Our main goals with our space are to make sure that we find things that we absolutely love to fill them- so that takes a little bit of time. Here is the newest addition to our decor that I LOVE!


I had seen this (below) several months ago on Pinterest- it is from the Pottery Barn and costs about $200 (plus a $20 charge for shipping since it is catalog/internet only). No thank you!

But I love the look of it and wanted something like it to put in my living room to hold throw blankets.
Then a couple weekends ago we went shopping at my friend's Grandmother's antique store and we found this beauty. I loved it so much. I love the copper and how rustic it looks. The inside was a little dirty so I made a liner for it. I added a little bit of embroidery around the top to give it a little more interest.






We love having it in our living room. I am not sure if we will always keep blankets in it or if we will use it for something else down the line.

***Update- I made a tutorial for making this lining!***
I had intended to make a tutorial on how I made the lining, but I forgot my camera at my sister's house- so that isn't happening! If you have any questions about how I made the liner I will do my best to let you know- drop me a line- zoer110@gmail.com



I will be linking up with some of these parties!
Thanks for stopping by!

Signature 2

15 comments:

Kellie said...

What a GREAT idea!

Unknown said...

Love this...very beautiful!

Karla Do More said...

Love this idea. I'm going to keep my eyes out for one of these

Home on the Range Exchange said...

It looks wonderful. I'm going to share it with my grandma:)

Paula@SweetPea said...

This is a great piece! I would have snatched it up in a heart-beat had I seen it in an antique store around here. I love how you added the liner to yours.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

So clever! The liner looks perfect. I love this idea.

Rural Shed said...

It is a good idea.Thanx to share with us it so different from others.I really like this blog.

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

What a great find! You did a great job on the liner too. I love old tubs, galvanized, copper, whatever.

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Such a great find! I love the liner. thanks for sharing at my party.

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Wonderful find!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

I like your version way better. Oh yeah. :)

Jennifer said...

This is perfect! I love the liner and the copper patina is awesome. I have a party going on and I would love if you linked up!

http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/02/latest-greatest-friday-link-party-17.html

Amy Papale said...

I love this! I had tried to make a liner a few years ago for my copper boiler and failed miserably. I cannot sew to save my life and it turned out terrible. I too want to use my boiler to store blankets. If you ever do come up with a tutorial or know where I could get a pattern, that would be awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This is simply beautiful! I'd love for you to share this at Mix it up Monday:

http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/02/mix-it-up-monday.html

I hope to see you soon!

Erica Price said...

It's lovely and so simple - like the throw inside too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...