About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Friday, January 20, 2012

New Food Friday- Peanut Butter Cookies

These cookies were just amazing! I decided to make them last minute for a Cotton Bowl watch party and wow was I surprised how good they were. I got the recipe from Smitten Kitchen here. I only changed a few things- I used crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy and I didn't add the peanut butter chips, just mini chocolate chips.


The best part about these was that they were super moist. The peanut butter and chocolate were delicious together. Luckily they all got eaten at the party so I didn't have to try and resist them at home!

Peanut Butter Cookies-
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter at room temperature (I used chunky)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips

For sprinkling: 1 Tbsp sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside

In large bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until smooth. Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly. Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in chocolate chips.



Place sprinkling sugar on a plate. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls into the sugar, then onto ungreased cookies sheets. Using a fork lightly press with criss-cross pattern.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake. They may appear underdone, but they aren't.

Let cool on cookie sheet for a minute, then let cool completely on rack.

Enjoy!!


I will be linking up with some of these parties!

Also Linking up With Pinned It- Made It!! Here is my original pin.



Thanks for stopping by!

Signature 2

9 comments:

Rose Clearfield said...

These look amazing! I love chocolate/peanut butter desserts.

Jennifer Salter said...

Those look delish!

I've started a Pinterest inspired link party and I'd love it if you'd link your project(s) up to my Pinned it, Made it party :) http://findingmywayintexas.blogspot.com/2012/01/pinned-it-made-it-2.html

Lynn said...

OMG, you just had to go and post this, lol! They look awesome and I can't wait to give them a try. My DH will appreciate the fact that they have the chocolate in them.

Jenn said...

I love peanut butter cookies! I have a great cookbook giveaway going on right now if you would like to enter? http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2012/01/rush-hour-recipes-review-and-cookbook.html

Deana said...

Thanks so much for linking up this weekend @ CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet party..Have a wonderful week!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Peanut butter cookies rock. Especially with chocolate chips! Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday this week. :)

Unknown said...

These look SO good!! I will definitely have to try & make them. I also wanted to let you know that I'm hosting my first giveaway for a free My Memories digital scrapbooking program, If your interested you can enter until Saturday!
Sally
http://loveofhomes.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-memories-digital-scrapbook-give-way.html

tiffany@vintagemarigold said...

yum! i have a huge jar of pb, so going to try these!

The mum of all trades said...

Thank you so much for linking this to my blog party, I really appreciate it! Hope to see you again soon x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...