About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Gluten Free Breadsticks- New Food Friday


Last week I posted about my dietary changes due to a suspected food allergy. I am avoiding dairy, soy and gluten. This recipe is for gluten free breadsticks. They are also dairy and soy free, but if you don't have to avoid dairy adding cheese to these breadsticks would be amazing.

This recipe turned out pretty good- not as good as regular breadsticks, but for a gluten free product it was amazing.

Gluten Free Breadsticks
Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
1 medium Onion
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp minced Garlic
Basil
Oregeno
Garlic Powder
Parmesan Cheese (optional, I didn't use this)

Marinara Sauce
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
2  Tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp basil
2 tsp oregeno
2 Tbsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Mix Pizza Crust according to package directions.


While you are letting your pizza crust rise heat olive oil in medium skillet.

Saute onions until they are clear.


Once Pizza Crust has risen add sauted onions and minced garlic to crust.

Press onto greased baking sheet. This is a little bit difficult because the dough will be more sticky than a regular pizza dough. Mine didn't turn out the prettiest but it worked.

Sprinkle with garlic powder, basil, oregeno and parmesan (optional).

Bake according to directions on Pizza Crust package.

While breadsticks are baking combine all ingredients for marinara sauce on the stove. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Cut breadsticks into pieces and enjoy!




I will be linking up with some of These Parties!

 AllergyFreeWednesdays 

Thanks for stopping by!
Signature 2

9 comments:

Pam said...

These look so good! I love finding new gluten free recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Thank You for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/02/stuffed-green-peppers-show-your-stuff.html

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said...

these look SO delicious!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

I've been GF for almost 2 years {just starting to add raw dairy back in}...it's helped me tremedously...{and my sons as well}

Bob's Red Mill is my savior!

Have you heard of the GAPS diet to heal allergies and intolerances? It may help you...

Kimberly said...

A tip for working with (most) gluten free doughs.. Keep a bowl of cold water handy. Dip your hands in it regularly to help smooth doughs, and keep it from sticking.

Shiloh said...

Yum! I love breadsticks. Hadn't really thought of using a GF pizza mix though, to make them.

Tricia Marie said...

I love new ideas for gluten free, thanks for thinking of this. I love Bob's red mill mix. I have some recipes at seekingecochic.blogspot.com. Stop by

Jaz said...

This look so yummy! I like that it's gluten free, thanks for sharing.

-Jazmine
keepitkrafty.blogspot.com

Michelle @ The Willing Cook said...

Wow!! Delicious...you've gotten me thinking about this now. Thanks for sharing it at last week's Allergy-Free Wednesdays. Hope to see you back again this week.
~AFW Hostesses

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...