About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Valentine's Candy Coated Trail Mix- New Food Friday


Want to make a sweet treat for your loved ones this Valentine's Day? I have got a great recipe for you. This candy coated trail mix is delicious and has some healthy aspects to it too!

Almost any ingredients that you use in trailmix would work with this but this is what I used:

Candy Coated Trail Mix
1/2 box Wheat Chex
1/2 bag pretzel twists
1 small container peanuts
1 bag Valentine's M&M (milk chocolate)
1 standard package of Candy Quick coating- vanilla flavored
red food coloring

Mix all the ingredients except the Candy coating and food coloring in large bowl.

Melt Candy Coating per instructions on package and add food coloring to make it pink.

I added the candy coating in two batches- just dump melted coating on top of trail mix and stir until it is evenly coated. Lay flat on aluminum foil or wax paper coated cookie sheets to let dry.


Once it is dried you can enjoy!!
Place in cute Valentine's baggies or serve out of the bowl.
After I did this I thought some dried cranberries or raisins would have been delicious in this too! Might have to try it again!


I will be linking to some of these parties!
Thanks for stopping by!

Signature 2

17 comments:

Kellie said...

It's so pretty... I'm definitely making some this week! Have a happy day!

Paula@SweetPea said...

This looks so good. I'll bet that I could eat the whole pan in no time if I didn't pay attention to what I was doing.

Annie said...

That looks delicious Zoe! I want to grab a handful off my computer screen! LOL I am going to make this with Lizzie. She will have so much fun and loves the color pink :)

Deana said...

Thanks so much for linking up to CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Party!
Hope to see you next Saturday……Have a blessed week:)

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Ok, yummy in the tummy! I hope you will link this post up to my "I Heart Projects" Party if you haven't already done so.
http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

Barb said...

Oh My, this looks so yummy. What a great idea, I have never seen this before. I am going to give this a try! :)

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Love this! I am pinning it and will be making this for my sweeties. I am a new Pinterest follower visiting from Keeping It Simple. Vicky from Mess For Less

Oh, boy. Oh, joy! said...

This looks so good! Will be trying this week!

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing!

al said...

I love to see the creative things that people do with candy. This looks awesome.

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

I like this, a lot! I will have to try it with my own additions, I think you can do so many versions what a great thing

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This looks and sounds so yummy! I'd love for you to share this at Mix it up Monday:

http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/02/mix-it-up-monday.html

I hope to see you soon:)

Heather McMullin said...

This looks divine!

Erin said...

My kids would love this! Who am I kidding... I would love this!

Kimberly T. said...

Yum, yum,yum!

Dusti said...

Yum

MiaB said...

These look yummy!! And your pictures are great :) Thanks for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday.

~MiaB
www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...