About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Chicken Fried Rice- From Zoe's Kitchen


I love chinese food- I love it so much in fact that I shouldn't order it because I would eat the whole box (probably more than 2,000 calories)! So here is my "slimmer" version of chicken fried rice. My husband even approves! I love this because it doesn't take too long and it fits into my new diet (I will talk about THAT more next Friday).

Chicken Fried Rice
2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
olive oil
1 med. onion
1 bag stir fry mix ( I like the asparagus or snap pea mix)
4 cups cooked brown rice
2 eggs
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp curry powder
1 Tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add raw chicken pieces.
Cook until they are 165 degrees F.


Add sliced onions- saute until they are clear.
Add stir fry mix and cook until tender- usually about 7 minutes.


Add cooked rice to skillet and stir.
Add all seasonings at this point.


Crack eggs over top of the rice and turn up heat.
Cook over high heat, stirring frequently until eggs are done.


Enjoy!!
I will be linking up with some of These Parties!
I Heart Nap Time
Thanks for stopping by!
Signature 2

10 comments:

Kellie said...

Sounds yummy! We love fried rice... just had it this week. I made the white sauce you get from the Japanese steak house and it was amazing!

Unknown said...

Yummy! I love fried rice! Thanks for linking up!

Karyn said...

Simply put....Yum!
Thanks for the awesome recipe, Zoe, I have this on the menu now for this week.
Hugs
Ma

Pam said...

Yum! I love fried rice, and I don't think I have a recipe for it. Yours sounds great, and I'm going to pin it now. (Also, I'm now following you on Linky followers. I just added it to my blog too.)

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

It's too close to lunchtime! This s making me hungry!

BottledBeauty said...

After seeing your fried rice picture I had to stop by! It's one of my favorite things to make. Yours looks delicious.

Shiloh said...

Yum! We love fried rice. My hubby makes chicken, and I make egg and ham. Have you ever tried sesame oil? It's amazing.:)

Deana said...

Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks…Have a wonderful Sunday:)

Jenn said...

This sounds yummy, except I have never had curry, but I have been wanting to try it. Is there different brands or types that are better?

Unknown said...

Zoe, you're making me hungry!! This looks SO good! I love fried rice! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays! Hope you'll party with us again tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...