About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rapunzel Tower Cake


Last Saturday way my niece Marley's 3rd birthday party. She is obsessed with the movie Tangled as are a lot of 3 year old girls I know. She wanted a "Dark Purple Tangled Birthday Party" and her Mom delivered! I helped out with the cake and frosting the cupcakes.

The bottom part of the cake isn't actually cake it is an oatmeal container filled with rice for weight. We decorated paper to look like the tower from Tangled. The roof is also decorated paper. The top of the cake is 3- 8" layers of white and strawberry cake. We used buttercream frosting and used yarn for the hair.

Marley wore the Rapunzel Costume that I made for her for Halloween and the hair that my mother helped make.



Birthday Girl being sassy!

We also made cupcakes with Pascal and the Tangled Sun on them. I should have taken a picture the night before- some of the frosting colors bled!


I will be linking up with Some of these parties!
Thanks for stopping by!
Signature 2

14 comments:

Rural Shed said...

Wow,This cake is so delicious.It look so testy.I really like this amazing tower cake.It look so colorful.

Unknown said...

This is soooo adorable!
-Melissa

Unknown said...

what a cute cake...very clever!

Sarah said...

Nice pictures and nice cake.
Very creative.
Also loved your wordless Wed.
A picture is sometimes worth a thousand words. :)

Lynn said...

What a fantastic party theme! The cake looks absolutely awesome! Hope your niece had a very Happy Birthday!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

What an awesome cake! Happy you linked to Things I've Done Thursday!

Melanie www.bearrabbitbear.com

Carrie said...

How fun!! I love it. Thank you so much for sharing at Sharing Saturday this week. We look forward to seeing what you share next week!

tiffany@vintagemarigold said...

fun! my son loves the movie too. H calls it the mother movie:)

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

so cute, and she looks so happy!

Sew Can Do said...

Really creative and fun looking. Would love for you to link this up to my Craftastic party:)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

What a great cake! So pretty. Thanks for sharing it on Crazy Sweet Tuesday. :)

plc training center in chennai said...

wow

this bably is very good

Unknown said...

wow

your collection of hearts is very nice

Lindsi B said...

I love this! So cute! I saw this on Skip to My Lou I would love it if you would share this with our readers too for Fun Stuff Fridays! http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...