About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Photography Challenge Week #1- Self Portrait


Posting for my Thursday Photography Challenge- This week's challenge was a self portrait.

I had a little bit of difficulty with this one- first off I am not too comfortable with taking pictures of myself and felt a little bit like a dork sitting outside doing this. But I had a few come out nicely. Also, getting good lighting with my old point and shoot camera is hard. Either you have the flash on and it is all washed out or it becomes very blurry easily without the flash on.

The other hard part was that I don't have a tri-pod or any remotes so these were do the old fashioned way- holding the camera up in my face!

I think my favorite part of this was the editing. I enjoyed playing with the images, fixing colors, doing cool effects.

Here are a few of the pictures I got for my self portrait this week.



This one is my favorite- I love the frame of it and how it looks like I am behind a rain drop covered window. I also really liked the soft focus and colors of this one, even though I look a little pinkish!


Here it is in a different effect- I like it like this too.

A few more that I liked how they turned out. Once I got over feeling like a dork this challenge was kind of fun.


This one was taken with the flash- I like the composition but I had to darken it quite a bit to keep the lighting from being too harsh.

On this last one you can see how without the flash it got a little blurry- but I like the color and softness so much better without the flash. I guess I will need to keep working on it!

Linked up at A Step In the Journey- Head over there to see all of the self portraits.

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!

Signature 2

9 comments:

Lynn said...

I've done this before and yeah you do feel like kind of a dork at first. Look at the end results though, they're great! I like the first one the best too.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

well I just have to say; you are very photogetic..if that is spelled right...it's a good thing anyway...lol

Rosa B. said...

I'm with you on not being too comfortable with taking self portraits! ;) I feel even sillier posting them! ha! :P Cool effects you chose!

Jennifer Salter said...

I totally thought you were behind a rain covered window at first! LOVE!!

staci said...

definitely not dorky, you did a great job! :)

Tracy Crosby said...

Hey! I really think the mirror ones ended up having a cool effect!

Just became a follower of your blog, and would love for you to do the same!! :) Cant wait to see your photo next week!

Violetpaperwings.blogspot.com

Laura Beth said...

I love the texture you added & the your complexion against these green walls looks great! Thanks for linking up!

lydia said...

Love the raindrop effect! I look forward to seeing more of your work throughout the challenge!

Jeanna said...

This is a great effect on you picture. I love it!

Jeanna. @. Dramaqueenseams.blogspt.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...