About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Twins' Care Bear Nursery

For the twins nursery I wanted to do something bright and cheery that they could enjoy for a while.  I love classic care bears and decided to use those type of colors for the nursery. Also the Care Bear quilts would go good with the decor. We had already painted the room yellow when we moved into our house 3 years ago (planning that it would be a gender neutral nursery).


Their changing station- my husband's great grandfather made this changing station for him as a baby and it is still in great shape for us to use for the twins- there is storage behind the doors which works perfectly for holding cloth diaper covers, cloth wipes, receiving blankets and burp clothes!


We kept the twin bed in the bed room because I knew with twins I would be spending a lot of nights in the nursery. I sewed the curtains and matching pillow covers several years ago for a house I had in college. I made the care bear pillow to match the rest of the decor.


A book shelf for holding toys and books.


Little Man's bassinet/pack and play with his quilt hanging above it.


My sister drew this picture for the twins before they were born.


Diaper basket with all of their GMD newborn pre folds ready to go. It makes me sad that they have almost outgrown their newborn  pre folds already!


I made the cradle pad cover from leftover quilt fabric.


Care Bear lamp along with little monsters from my other sister.


I made this cross stitch as soon as I knew I was pregnant.  It was done before we even knew we were having twins and it hangs in the nursery. It is a design that came from Care Bear Baby Book.


The changing station. The babies love the little rattles while they are getting their diapers changed.  I made the changing pad cover using this tutorial from Family Julius.


For the rainbow and cloud mobiles I used a Rainbow Brite Mobile pattern that I altered to fit my needs. I used felt for the rainbow, stars and hearts. I used a cotton fabric for the clouds. I love the way it looks in the corner of the room and the twins already love staring at it as it moves.

Thanks for stopping by!
Signature 2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an adorable nursery. I loved the care bear with the rainbow on its tummy as a little girl. I'd love to have you stop by for my very first giveaway! Have a great week with your little ones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...