About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Chevron Birthday Quilt


A while ago I decided that I wanted to try and make a quilt for my nieces and nephews on their 10th birthdays. My oldest nephews birthday came up faster than expected but I did get a quilt made for him. I asked him several months ago what he would want to decorate his room like if he had his choice and he said he would want a Kansas State room. Of course I was totally happy to make a K-State quilt.  


I used old jeans to make the denim part of the chevron pattern. I used this tutorial for making the chevron pattern without having to make triangle pieces. 


I used interfacing to cut out the letters and the powercat and stitching them on using a blanket stitch on my machine.


I decided to tie this quilt and it was a pretty simple process.


I am so happy with how this quilt turned out and I hope that Garrett likes it just as much!!

Thanks for stopping by!

I will be linking up with some of these parties!
Signature 2

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Bravo! Well done!

Home on the Range Exchange said...

Awesome job! You can make me one anytime you like ;)

Melanie said...

Looks awesome!!

Unknown said...

I really like Chevron patterns. Garrett is soooo lucky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...