About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Fresh Asparagus Recipe


Ahhh, spring is in the air, birds are chirping, flowers are blooming and the world is coming alive.... And asparagus is ready to be harvested!!!

This asparagus is not from our garden (we planted our crowns last year so they won't be ready for a couple more years), but it was locally grown and so delicious and fresh.

Here is a super easy, delicious recipe to help you enjoy your fresh asparagus from your garden or from the store!

Fresh Asparagus
1 lb fresh asparagus (chop off ends that are tough and fibrous)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp soy sauce (optional)
1 lemon wedge
salt and pepper to taste

Heat olive oil on medium high heat in large skillet.
Add aspargus, garlic and seasonings.

Saute over medium high heat until asparagus is tender.
Sprinkle with lemon juice from lemon wedge.

Enjoy!

If that doesn't make you want to eat your veggies I don't know what will!



I will be linking up with some of these parties!

shabby creek cottage

Signature 2

13 comments:

Kellie said...

Sounds yummy! Usually have mine with bacon... making it not so healthy but absolutely delish!

angie said...

YUM! i love asparagus!! i will have to try this recipe.

i like to make my asparagus with a little feta cheese ~ delish!

Unknown said...

This looks so yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to eat my asparagus. I love the stuff.

Lauryn Ashli said...

yummy!!! i love love love asparagus. thanks so much for linking up to the party! hope to see you again next week :)
{love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

April said...

Oh yum! I love asparagus! Will definitely have to try this recipe! Thanks for linking to Sew Crafty Saturday!

Alison Meade said...

We eat tons of asparagus in my house - I'll have to try this one out!

We have our first ever Beautify It Monday link party open right now! We'd love it if you stopped by and linked up at bringingbeauty.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

This is a helpful recipe! My fiance and I love asparagus and I always want new ways to make it delicious!

Chandra said...

Oh yum...with soy sauce! Adding to shopping list! Enjoy your day:D

Chandra
astylishlittlelady.blogspot.com

Julie said...

We love asparagus at our house and new recipes are always fun to try. Thanks!

Meaghan said...

I am actually hosting an asparagus-themed linky party over at 2Sisters2Cities.com as part of our Fresh Produce Tuesday series. I would love if you linked up this post!

-m

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Yummy! Glad to have you at Things I've Done Thursday!

Mandy said...

Hi Zoe! I'm highlighting your Asparagus Recipe tonight at Project Queen's Highlight Party. Thanks so much for sharing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...