About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday Ten- Craft Organization Ideas!

Well, it is a new year!
One of my goals for January this year is to get my craft room organized.
This is not only my goal, but my husband's goal as well- because he told me he was going to go crazy if he had to look at my mess much longer :).

Here are some craft room organization ideas I found on Pinterest to help inspire me and hopefully you too!
I couldn't find all of the original sources, but I linked them back as far as I could!


1) Peg Board Craft Storage at Samantha's Accessories

I love the idea of using pegboard and painting it a fun color- the great thing about this is that you can buy a peg kit (or borrow one from your garage) and have limitless options for type of storage.


2) Repurposed Jars for Storage at Homemade Simple

I love organizing, but hate spending a lot of money on it. The little containers you buy from the store can get very pricey- and so I have already started using old jars for storage of my beads and sequins!


3) Spray Painted Tin Cans for Organization at BHG
Here is another repurposing idea for storage- I can picture putting my sharpies, fabric pencils, scissors, and other craft goodies in these. The link I had on pinterest wouldn't go back so I don't know how they attach to the wall- but I would probably want to attach them to a piece of wood first.


4) Cubicle Shelving at Home-Designing
Love the cubicle shelving units- especially with all the pretties in there! I think my husband agreed to build me something like this in my craft room closet.


5) Mini Fabric Bolts to Store Fabric at Smashed Peas and Carrots
This picture just makes me happy seeing all of these beautiful patterns organized so nicely. She has a great post about her studios organization- check it out!

6) Cheap Plastic Totes at Sew Many Ways
I have some of these, but I want to get mine to be all the same so they can stack so neatly like this! She said she got these at walmart for 98 cents a piece!

7) Craft Sticks for Storing Ric-Rac and Trims at Smashed Peas and Carrots
Ahh, this is too cute, and a great idea to keep all your ric-rac and trims from being a big tangled mess. She said the craft sticks came from Hobby Lobby.

8) Hanging Bulletin Board at Handmade With Joy
These wall hangers are from Pottery Barn, but I bet I could make some pretty easily- I love the fabric pockets and I think having some inspiration hanging up would be helpful!

 

9) Using Clothes Rack for Ribbon Storage at CreatingKeepsakesBlog
Using laundry storage ideas is a great way to store ribbon and little odds and ends.

10) Crafty Cart at Everything Etsy
This cart is too cute- I actually have this cart at home- I would have to paint it to make it this cute but I think it would be a great addition to my craft room!

Hope you found some inspiration to get going on organizing your crafts.
Since you made it through the whole post I am going to show you the "Before" picture of my craft room- it is pretty bad. It is looking better then this right now, but still not share worthy!


I will be linking up with some of these parties.
Thanks for stopping by!
Signature 2

14 comments:

Kellie said...

Great ideas... thanks for the inspiration! Organized I am sure I can get more done!

Jennifer Salter said...

Love the inspiration... Now if only I could win the lottery and have the $$ to put some of those Ideas in MY craft area! *sigh* Maybe I'll just start with paint :)

Lynn said...

I had no idea that there were so many different ways for organizing our stash. I just might have to steal a few of the ideas!

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to gather ideas for creating my craft room as well....thanks for compiling some for me! Stay tuned to www.palmettosandpigtails.com as I display my work in progress!
-Shara

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Thanks for organizing these great ideas.

Natasha in Oz said...

I have been looking at organisational pins on Pinterest as I am ready to attack my linen cupboard. Thanks for sharing your pins!

My weekly Pinterest linky party is on at the moment; please pop by and perhaps you could even link up this post if you have 5 minutes to spare!

Best wishes and happy pinning,
Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

Melissa @ LoveBugLiving said...

Great idea! Love the hanging ribbon holders and the cart!

Deana@ said...

Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks. Love your ideas I wish my craft room looked that organized......hope to see ya next Saturday:)

LifeLessOrdinary said...

I saw your link at Craft-O-Maniac's linky party. I spent the day working on my craft room...organizing it better is also my New Year's Resolution. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

Great ideas! I especially love the cheery yellow cart!!!

Leslie said...

I have been writing an organization series (week 3 is this week) on my sewing area. These ideas are great. Thanks for posting.

Katy @ Lolly Linens said...

what great ideas, thank you

Jamie B said...

Hi there! You have some amazing ideas here for craft organization! I love them all..I actually just finished a tin can craft round-up and featured the same tin can wall organizer from BHG that you have. I hope it's okay, I have added a link to your fabulous post here because this is where I found it. I can't seem to find the original post for it at BHG. Anyway, you can see the tin can round-up here:

http://jamiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/cute-clever-tin-can-craft-projects

Thank you so much for sharing all of these wonderful ideas :)

Catherine Sydney said...

What a very nice content I am reading on your blog. It is so full of insight that I really think will help me in doing some findings about this topic nice work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...